12.02.2009

Gratitude

Things on this blog are pretty backed up... We just put pictures from September and October up only a couple of weeks ago... so its only fitting that my Gratitude post is backed up almost a week after Thanksgiving... so with a good bowl of fiber cereal to help... here is what I am grateful for.

In no order of importance...

1) If anyone read Elyse's last post then you will know I am grateful for finding my wallet... I felt naked without it, and the thought of some illegal alien becoming the newest Robert Brantingham was very unsettling.

2) I am grateful for the Brantingham family. I wouldn't trade my family in for any other (even with all our quirks)... I enjoy my Father's stories, and it's always interesting to see what my Mother brings back from her early morning yard sales. My brothers and sister are keepers as well... I am Grateful for all of you.

3) I am grateful for the family I married into ( I wont call them in-laws because that's just weird sounding). From Elyse's Grandparents, who have allowed Elyse and I to live with them, right down to to Elyse's 5 brothers, 1 sister & her Mom and Dad... I am grateful for all of you all being there for us. Whether its been counting change, letting me sleep on your couch every other weekend, and most importantly, allowing me to marry your daughter.

4) Finally the most important person in my life and who I am most grateful for... My beautiful wife... You bring me so much happiness !  I am grateful for the help and support you give me. I am grateful that you said yes... not just on september 19th at the temple, but when you said yes to big bear.... when I finally asked for your number, when I asked you out for the first time, when I asked you to be my girlfriend, and when I asked you to marry me... I am grateful for all the yes answers, no matter how big or small they might have been... I am so grateful for you.

This is the time of gratitude, and I am just so blessed to be surrounded with incredible people.

1 comments:

gr8apey said...

I'm actually teary. That was very sweet rob and we will keep you too.