Here is a Wallet. It's not Rob's wallet, but the picture will just have to do.
I'm sure you would all agree when I say that a wallet is something pretty important. Your cash is in there, credit cards are in there, for some, most of us actually, our temple recommends are in there. Not to mention your drivers license.. gift cards... and the list continues.
On Monday Rob announced that he couldn't find that precious wallet.
We stripped our room, we looked under every couch, every rug, sifted through every pocket. We re-traced his steps over and over, trying to figure out what had happened.
We knew Saturday night he had gotten gas, so we checked the gas station. Nope. Sunday we went to my parents for dinner, so we looked all throughout their house. Nope. On the way to Sunday dinner we had driven in my Grandpa's car, so we searched the entire car. Nope.
I just kept getting more frustrated. Rob didn't seem to be bothered though. He just kept saying that he knew it would turn up, and most certainly in the strangest place.
The most frustrating thing was that his cash from the weekends work was in that wallet. We needed that cash and you cant really replace cash when you get paid under the table.
Wednesday I got to work and there were two cards on my desk, stragglers from the wedding. The total cash equaled about what was in the wallet, a miracle in itself. I couldn't really be frustrated after that.
But still... where was the stupid wallet?
I told Rob today that we should probably start canceling things and re-ordering things, but yet he just kept saying it would turn up.
And sure enough it did.
He went to put on his shoes for work, and that look on his face told me exactly what was getting in the way of that shoe fitting.
A wallet in the shoe.
We combed that room thoroughly, lifted and sifted thoroughly, but never even thought to check the shoes.


2 comments:
hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha that is really funny you guys had me looking in the couch!!!!!
Post a Comment