I'm actually married and I think marriage suits me. There are moments when I cannot believe what has happened, and then there are moments where it just makes sense and fits perfectly. Its been almost a week already, time going just as fast now as it did before.. but I keep waiting for this all to completely sink in. I thought it would start to sink in when I moved.... or when I woke up on my wedding day... or when we were kneeling at the alter... or when we had our first dance... or on our honeymoon.. or even once I slept in the same bed as him once we were home. I just thought that it would finally sink it when I didn't have to go home anymore.. or the fact that there is no need to talk on the phone because I can turn to him whenever I want. I thought it would sink in when I went to work this morning, approaching the real world together. It hasn't though. It really hasn't sunk in...
However, its been wonderful. Literally every day with him is nothing but wonderful. It doesn't matter what we are doing, even if we aren't talking, but life with this husband of mine is exactly what I wanted for myself. We all grow up with this image in our mind of how we want things to work out, and this is how I saw it. This is exactly how I saw it.
I am a Wife now. I am a Wife, and my Husband completes me. He is exactly what I have been missing, exactly what I was searching for. I felt my life slipping away from me a couple years ago. I didnt have a purpose besides school, and that was starting to drain me. I knew something was missing, I knew I could be happier, I just was comlpetely unaware of how to make that happen. So I just kept things the way they were, knowing that by some magical force it would miraculously change if it was meant to. And it did. It changed faster than I could think, and I feel like a completely different person. In 9 months my world has completely changed. I am someones someone and he is mine. We come as a pair now.
They are right when they say marriage is when life begins. I was a great person before, but I feel like I have been boosted up. I feel a new found joy that I never knew existed. How inspiring to be with your best friend, battling what life has to offer. I like this marriage thing. I definitely think it suits me.
9.25.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I should hope so!!! We aren't going back! Now we ALL have to get used to this...you not being here anymore...this is strange!
i am so happy for you...and dontcha just love that photo emma took? i think it is so perfect of you two. perfect day. so glad it is all agreeing with you!
Post a Comment