7.09.2011

Not Just Stealing Their Food

Rob and I seem to frequent random events. 

I don't really know how it happens, but we meet super nice people, and there always seems to be free food involved.

When we were dating we crashed this Persian wedding.

About the point that we had the entire bridal party in a congo line, and the wedding camera was focused right on us, we realized how crazy the whole thing was.

I swear, once they sobered up and watched that wedding video that they were scratching their heads, trying to figure out how we were related.

Super nice people though.

And boy do they party.

Anyways... yesterday, we were walking in the park and a band was setting up. 

Rob and I were standing around, off to the side a ways, trying to figure out what the band was for. It was right about then that this lady invited us over. 

Next thing we knew we were eating their hot dogs, cookies, lemonade, sitting at the picnic table amongst people who clearly knew we were not a part of them, listening to a Christian band that was actually pretty entertaining.

It was at that moment that I got a serious case of the giggles.

How in the world we end up in those situations, I will never know.

But because of the experiences we have learned two things. First, persians are delightfully kissy people, and second, the Calvary Church might be expecting us at their service tomorrow.

Its all Robs fault.

He wanted it to seem like we were not just stealing their food.

2 comments:

The Mathesons said...

Hahaha! Oh my gosh, that cracks me up!

Jeff and Lori said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! I love you guys!