2.03.2010

Be Jealous. We are so cool.

There are moments throughout the day where I get very bored. Boredom is never good and only results in meaningless products or screening the internet for who knows what... But this time I actually think I put my boredom to good use. I am starting to have a little of my mother in me, and I am very happy about that.. 

Before:


After:


I am pretty proud of my creation. This makes our games look stylish, and it was really fun to do! I got to get all messy and it kept me busy and it will store our games beautifully. Those are the projects I love the best.. Fun, messy, and they have a purpose. 

I also got one of these little babies.. and yes, I literally mean little. 


I thought she was very cute, and I have now come to find out that every home needs one. It especially came in handy when I went to make these cute invitations and realized my house doesn't miraculous materialize glue sticks. Thats just at my mothers that that happens. Thank goodness for little precious up there. She doesn't work that well with paper, but who really cares. 



Yes, I am very original and creative and this was the best I could do. We decided we wanted to throw a Super Bowl party because, a) rob really likes football and b) I really love to cook and bake and I have this really great new recipe for guacamole. 

We knock ditched all of our friends, but we got more creative as the night went on. We first went to the Shirley's and the Christensen's and we taped the invite to their door, knocked, and ran downstairs. Only the Shirley's opened and we giggled to ourselves because we thought we were so funny. 

Next was Steven, Rob's younger brother. We went by his apartment and he wasn't there, so we stalked him down at the Gym. 


Look at that face.. He was just thrilled he got an invite! 

Next was the Dials, and since we were so professional at this point we wanted to make it more fun. We slowly climbed the stairs but we forgot to discuss the plan where we could talk loudly. I forgot the tape, we had no idea where we should hide, and I started to laugh a little.. completely blowing our cover. I tried to get it in the door so it would stay, I knocked, and then we ran down a little to hide. They opened the door and I just started hysterically laughing for no reason. I think they knew it was us all along. My laugh tends to give things away.. 


But look - they are just overjoyed to have their golden ticket. Especially Carson.. Just look at that face. It screams football time. 

So since we were now getting even better at it we were getting excited to go to the Parkers. 


We hid, just waiting for someone to come to the door.. but no one came. I was texting Lindsay at the time so I was secretly trying to figure out if she was home or not. She wasn't. 

We were going to leave it there, but that is just too boring and we were starting to really enjoy this. Lindsay was at work, so we thought maybe we could leave it on her car or something cool like that. 

When we drove up to Wells Fargo we saw her desk was near a window, giving us the perfect opportunity to do something funny. 

We parked where she couldn't see us... slowly made our way to her window trying to not be noticed... And Rob hurried and taped it to the window, knocked on the window, and we started running like crazy. 

It felt like we were in middle school again, TP-ing someone's house and trying to get away with it.

Of course, she saw us.. and she heard me.. and we felt like the coolest people around.. 


Thats Lindsay, on the phone with me laughing about what just happened.. And that blue thing is our invite, taped to the window so that she could read it. 

We are so cool. I know you are jealous. 

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Definitely jealous. I wish I could get an invite! :)

gr8apey said...

yeah...where's mine!

Rob and Elyse said...

hahah Jo, you would most def get one!! Come to Rexburg!!!

and mom - youre cool too, dont even worry.

The Dials said...

hahaha. so funny. we were sitting right behind our door listening to you guys laugh and try to figure out how to leave it. we even heard you try to slip it through the door. haha. i'm excited for the party. and i liked how my face is similar to rob's brothers. either he was faking the fact that he was excited to be watching football for 4 hours or i'm really good at it.

Letitia said...

I'm jealous, too, because you are so cool...and funny...and having fun. Mainly I noticed your posts because you credit boredom for your creation and because you gave Elements of Interest, of sorts:Fun, messy, and have a purpose.

May I quote you on my blog ThePowerOfBoredom.com or possibly my book in progress? if so, let me know via my blog.

Camden McCusker said...

hahahahaahah that is funny you should tell me some of those so i could use them sometime jkjk hahahahaaahahaahaaha