2.06.2010

He Liked It

I seem to have taken up baking since moving to Idaho. I guess it could be that its much more affordable at times, or maybe that its just plain fun sometimes, but I am actually starting to get pretty good at it. 

I started trying to do bread with my Bread maker, and for white bread things run perfectly... Anything else seems to confuse the poor little guy.

I love my carbs. I will proudly admit that I love carbs more than candy, so when that bread does come out looking beautiful, I seem to be the only eating it the most. Rob isn't into carbs unless there is some meat involved. 

I found this recipe on the back of my big bag of Bread Flour and thought I would try it out. It didn't even call for a mixer, just me blending it with my hands and some semi-spatula use. Super easy. I cant even begin to tell you how easy this thing was, and it actually came out of the oven looking pretty decent. It was French bread, and though I didn't shape it like it normally looks, it was still moist inside and crunchy outside. 

I made Rob try some, hoping he would enjoy it. I had a piece too, and I certainly enjoyed it, but then I was out the door to pick up a friend leaving my bread loaf behind. 

I couldn't wait to come home to take a picture of my masterpiece and show off to the world, but this is what I came home too... 


I'm going to reach out on a limb here and assume that he liked it. 

3 comments:

Jill said...

elyse! glad to see things are going well for you!

Camden McCusker said...

hahhahahahaahhaah that is so funny elyse love you and tell ian i hope he feels better

Camden McCusker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.