Today Rob & I went to the temple here in Rexburg. We have decided that for the sanctity of our home, our marriage, our future children, our happiness... Temple attendance is a must. Saturday mornings work best for us, just because it gets us up early and it is a perfect way to start a day of homework. Poor Rob gets stuck in his "dungeon" for the majority of the day. Although, we should really stop calling it that.. it is probably affecting his school work.
I have never seen the temple parking lot empty. For this being a "college town," the temple is in full service. In the session this morning they even had to pull out some folding chairs to fit everyone in. I was overwhelmed with the number of young men in that room. They certainly out numbered the women, most of them without wedding rings... meaning, soon-to-be missionaries or returning missionaries... What a great thing for them to be doing on a Saturday morning.
A couple weeks ago I accompanied my dear friend Carly to the temple. It was a beautiful session, but upon entering the Celestial room I got extremely saddened by the fact that my husband wasn't with me. I sat there reflecting, but mainly just focused on how miserable it would be to be there without my husband. Today, with him by my side, it was exactly what the next life should be like.
While we chatted about the session, a temple worker came up and asked if we would be willing to do some sealings. We both had never done them before, except for our own, and I was overjoyed to get to experience that again. Our wedding day was so overwhelming that I can hardly remember what was even said.
Not only did we do sealings for marriage, but we got to seal some children to their parents. Since we were the only married couple in the room, we were the parents. It was such a special experience to hear the names read, and to feel of the love these parents have for their children. It made me think back to the day when my family got to be sealed together. To remember that love over the alter, and to be able to look at my husband over the alter again, was such a special experience.
So much of it reminded me of the feelings I had on this day...
I am so grateful for my dear Husband, for the love he has for me and for the effort he puts into making our lives as happy as possible. I am so grateful that he never gives up, that he is constantly fighting and trying his best... whether that be spiritually or temporally. I am grateful that we share a love for the gospel and for temple attendance. Today was such a special day. I got to remind myself of those special covenants I made 6 months ago in the Newport Temple, but also to feel of my Saviors unconditional love for me, my concerns, and my happiness. I am so grateful for my family, and for my future family... those little children that Heavenly Father will entrust us with. I felt of their love today, their purity and their goodness.. just waiting to get their chance.
How grateful I am for the temple and for all the sacred ordinances within it.
This will be a habit we will be sure to not break.




3 comments:
amen.
so sweet. And your singing was BEAUTIFUL today. Emma kept saying, "Oh- so pretty!"
Keep going!! It will get harder when you start having kids and you won't be able to go as often. Scott and I have just started being able to go often again and it's wonderful! So take advantage of the no kids years!!
Post a Comment