Motherhood.
This has been me for the past week and I am sure many of you can relate.
To say that this is a difficult job is somewhat of an understatement.
I honestly don't think there is anything in life that can prepare you for the newborn stage of babies.
Except, maybe, having had a newborn.
All the babysitting in the world, or the eldest of thousands of siblings, doesn't even begin to help you when its 2am and you cannot seem to get your stupid breast in his tiny little mouth because you cannot even see straight, or see anything actually, let alone comprehend what is really happening.
This is actually the stage that scared me the most when thinking about how Motherhood would go over.
Now that it's here...
It's not exactly scary..
My baby is seriously not even that bad so it seems stupid that I get overwhelmed sometimes...
And all he wants to do is cuddle.
You cannot put the boy down.
If he feels like he is being moved, then he will start to get fussy.. I bring him to my chest or stroke his head to tell him I am still there and he stops.
I guess he is a people person...
And I wonder who he gets that from.
I just have a whole new respect for Motherhood.
This is truly the hardest job in the world..
But I can fully appreciate how it is also the most rewarding.
Just look at this little guy...









3 comments:
He is so adorable! Keep up the good work!
So precious! It's true; nothing can truly prepare you for motherhood. The newborn stage is never easy, but they are just so sweet. My kids were both "easy" babies, but being a mom 24/7 is definitely overwhelming. It's wonderful, but it's challenging - especially when baby doesn't want to be put down ever. Mine were the same way.
Let me know if you need anything! Sometimes it's all you can do to get a shower in. If you want someone to keep him happy while you shower, just let me know!
You look GREAT... such a cute picture of the two of you. Congrats!
Post a Comment