6.03.2012

Moments Pass Way Too Quickly

I had one of those Mom moments the other night...

Sort of made me pause, and I felt really guilty that it took a certain "Mom Moment" to get me to stop and take a deep breath.

It seemed like a normal night.

Put Ross to bed at his normal time, did his normal nightly routine..

But then something woke him.

Like any other night when something wakes him, or when he can't sleep...

I let him cry.

About 10 minutes into his cry session, it just felt like a different sort of cry.

And that's when I got extremely annoyed.

That's also about the time I mentioned something to Rob about how frustrating it is when he wakes for no reason, most likely also referencing his age, saying he's too old for this..

I most likely groaned a bit too, and about 6 minutes later I finally decided to go in.

The poor little guy was standing, holding onto the side railing of his crib, just crying his little eyes out.

I asked him what was wrong and leaned in to hug him, thinking that my little pat would calm him and I could return to my bed shortly after.

He grabbed onto my shirt and pulled onto me, almost begging me to pick him up..

And then he just hugged me.

I picked him up, held onto his cute chubby body, and he just hugged me.

By this point his tears had subsided, but he didn't let go.

He laid his head on my shoulder and we listened to his primary songs, and we just hugged.

I don't know how long I was in there, or what was even wrong in the first place...

But just knowing that all he wanted was a hug..

Or possibly that all he wanted was me..

It made me stop for a moment and just embrace this phase of life with my babies.
 
 No matter the cry, no matter the messiness...

No matter what craziness might be in my future..

I need to embrace all these moments.

Because moments pass way too quickly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and thought I would drop a note. I enjoy reading about other mothers with babies close in age. Being 1-year into have 2 babies 13-months apart, I can say that you are ahead of the pack in seeing how wonderful the craziness is. It is all just a season of our lives and if we blink, we miss it. I have no regrets and love having 2 babies. My son will be 2 at the end of the month and my daughter, whose name is Maisie as well :), will be 1 at the end of next month. The year has been full of good and bad times, but honestly I have loved it all. Best of luck and I'll be reading along. My blog is wilsonsirishtwins.blogspot.com if you want to read along as well.

amoryg said...

Right back with what Jodie said. Having a positive attitude is the best start. Be sure to document everything on your blog....you think you will remember, but you don't. At least my mommy brain is in scrambles.