8.12.2009

Support

Bridal Showers. I have been to a few in my lifetime and don't really remember what the Brides were like or what exactly happened. I just remember conversing with everyone there and being excited to catch up with people, the Bride being just an excuse to get together.

My Bridal Shower was no different. In fact, I felt kind of left out while I had to sit there and open presents and everyone was talking and catching up. There were so many people who came so far to celebrate this moment with me, and so many old friends who I hadn't seen in ages... but who will always be dear to my heart. I just wish I could have chatted with each and every one of them and caught up to see how everyone is doing and what is new in their lives. I just love catching up and hearing the stores.

Of course, regardless of feeling like I would rather be chatting with friends, the presents were incredible! Not only did tons of people come from far off places, but they were so generous, leaving Rob and I to get creative on where we will store this all. I was just amazed! I got everyones attention toward the beginning of the endless amounts of torn wrapping paper, and I honestly almost got emotional as I thanked them all for coming to celebrate me. It was such an honor to sit and receive their support and love, and to see them all coming together for me. Sure, I know they probably enjoyed the chatter just as I much as I did when attending those types of events, but just having them in the room made me feel nothing but love. I wish I could express how much that support means to me. This is what makes events like this exciting, receiving the love and support from Family & Friends. Feeling love from them in that room last night was a very powerful feeling, a very motivating feeling. Thank you to all of you who came and made last night such a special one! Now, you just have to promise you will all come to the wedding and dance like crazy!

3 comments:

meeshw said...

You know you are easy to love right?...thanks for letting us share this fun moment in your life!!!!!

gr8apey said...

its a date!

shawna henrie said...

wish we could have been there...i have a cute present for you though!! ;-) i will have the girls bring it by before aenon leaves...so glad you had a wonderful time, after all it is all about YOU!!