My Baby Boy turned 2 today and I honestly had a hard time with it.
He will always be my baby, but today marked the first official day into toddlerhood.
I can no longer calculate his life in months.
And I'm going to be that annoying parent and say that time goes way too fast, that it literally feels like yesterday, that I wish I could hold his baby self again...
But it does.
And I do.
It doesn't matter that its been 2 years, those first moments of being his mother...
That first time taking him home and having him scream until 5am, only to call my Mom and have her tell us to burp him.
That first month and how many tears came out both his eyes and mine.
The fact that we would literally sit on the couch cuddling every. single. day.
That first time he legitimately hugged me.
His love of "cancakes."
His obsessive need to have 50 cars with him at all times, meaning there are some in each hand and one tucked under his chin.
His love for animal sounds, and the fact that a Bear and a Hippo continually chase him.
I want to meet this bear and hippo so badly.
These are moments that I will cherish forever.
And this face is one that melts me.

Any day.
Any time.
For all eternity.
We love you so much Ross.
Now, for this next year, lets start to work on our table manners.
Maybe he got confused?
Last birthday we required a cake smashing picture.
This birthday certainly wasn't complete without one either.


2 comments:
YAYYYYYYYY!!!! You're back and my pictures filled me up!! This is all I require to make me happy. Yes, that cheesy smile makes me happy too. Happy birthday dear ross!!!
I LOVE hearing what Ross is doing and loving. If that helps keep you blogging then I'll say it till the cows come home.
Post a Comment