This is obviously the first kitchen I have had to stock, the first home I have had to furnish.. The first printer that new ink didn't just miraculously appear in..
And the printer paper... Good grief did I have absolutely no idea how much paper you can go through while attending school.
You really don't think about these little blessings when you are living at home, you almost just expect them.
Obviously I have realized on countless occasions how incredibly blessed I am, but for some reason it hit me while I was preparing my bowl of Life cereal the other day.
I love Life, I just don't love it when there is no sugar.. I guess that completely defeats the purpose, but that's just how I am.
I poured the bowl, poured in the milk, went for the sugar...
There was no sugar.
Not even an ounce that you could shake out.
I missed my mother right then.
She would have never had, and still doesn't have, an empty sugar bin.
So anyways... I try to be a smart shopper.
When going down the isles of the grocery store, I try to pick the best deals.
To be honest, I like having my husband with me because he does math in his head far better than I do... Even calculating which one will cost the least based off the price per ounce.
I get what it is he does, I just don't really like standing there trying to figure it out... Math has never been my strong suit.
Some times, well most the time, the better deal tends to be the "knock-off" brands.
I honestly can never tell the difference except when taking out my wallet, and so the "knock-offs" are typically what fill our cabinets.
There are, however, some things that just cannot be "knock-offs"...
You guessed it. Our toilet paper.
I do not care how much less, or how much I might be saving, because you end up making up for that with the rashes you get in the process.
We bought some toilet paper at Wal-Mart a couple months ago, and when we buy it, we buy it in major bulk.
It saves, and it lasts.
When we started using the stuff, both of us made comments about how much we were going through.. or how thin it was to use.. or just how we plain didn't like it.
But we had a lot of it.. and I mean a lot.. So we sort of just got used to it.
We were at Sam's Club last month and decided to pick up some more toilet paper because our supply was finally starting to run low.
Well... Yesterday was the first day of gold, the day we realized exactly what we had been missing out on.
Ladies and gentlemen, never pinch when it comes to toilet paper.
I honestly don't know how I made it that far without this glorious cotton.
It honestly feels like a bunny.
The softest, cutest, fluffiest little bunny.
The Brantingham bums are finally smiling.



4 comments:
LoL!! I'm sooooo with you one that one!!
LOL! You are so funny! We are the exact same way. Totally can't skimp on the TP. John does the math in his head when we shop, too. It's nice having a math-saavy hubby.
Haha!!! SO TRUE! That's totally how I am with both my toilet paper but especially my paper towels. If I don't have the thick BOUNTY kind, then I am in a bad mood. And I never let myself run low. I dread the day I have to use a perfectly clean rag to wipe off something so meaningless and simple.
honey....tmi.
Post a Comment