This baby is certainly taking over!
And just when I think my stomach cannot possibly get any bigger... I am continually suprised.
I figured it was about time that I do the belly shot, as well as talk about how the pregnancy is going.
I talk about myself too much on here, however, maybe that's me just holding on to the last piece of selfishness I will see for awhile..
So about this baby of ours.
I have officially reached the point where I want him out.
Like, right now.
There is hardly any room for me to breath and hardly any sleeping positions that I can stay in for long... He is just getting plain uncomfortable.
I am also just so amazed at the fact that he is actually in there.. I honestly cannot believe he is still fitting.
And when I come on to my blog and see my little ticker letting me know how much time is left... I am sort of at a mix of emotions.
I am either thinking about how fun it will be to put a face to the boy I have been imagining, or about how much school stuff I have to get done and how his room isn't even close to ready yet..
There's just so many things going on in my head, possibly because I am just a little scared to think about the day he will actually be here.
I honestly think it is just like marriage though.
No one ever knows what they are getting into.
And no one is ever truly ready.
If we all waited for that perfect moment where we thought everything was perfect and where we knew we were fully ready... Well, none of us would ever do anything, because really, who is ever truly ready?
I honestly think it is just like marriage though.
No one ever knows what they are getting into.
And no one is ever truly ready.
If we all waited for that perfect moment where we thought everything was perfect and where we knew we were fully ready... Well, none of us would ever do anything, because really, who is ever truly ready?
He moves constantly now too.
It used to be where it was only certain times of the day, but I even think he moves in his sleep.. At least he must, or else we already have an insomniac and he isn't even out yet.
You can even watch my stomach and see where he is perched, or where he is pushing..
It's the craziest thing to watch because it looks like a little alien is taking over or something.
He loves when I sleep on my right side.
In fact he even gets in that laying position before I am even ready for bed, almost letting me know that he is tired.
Oh, and I am obsessed with Peanut Butter Captain Crunch right now.
So when Baby Boy Brantingham asks me later in life what I craved the most during pregnancy... I will have to settle on cereal, Captain Crunch cereal.
Today we went to the Doctor and had to get an ultrasound to follow-up on some problems detected earlier.
He is so big now that we could barely see him on the screen, let alone make out whatever it was on the screen.
He is so big now that we could barely see him on the screen, let alone make out whatever it was on the screen.
Thankfully we do not have to have a c-section like originally thought... That is, if everything goes as planned in the birthing room of course.
And thankfully the little guy's head is where it needs to be too.
One more thing to check off the list of things we don't have to worry about.
I like "don't worry" lists.
We also found out that our little guy is in the 85th percentile.
I don't know much about these things, and obviously they cannot be sure with him in there and not out here.. but it certainly got Rob and I thinking..
Do we have a giant baby on our hands?
Rob isn't the tallest guy... I am not the tallest gal (like not even close)..
But could our baby possibly outgrow us?
Seriously, how hysterical would that be if there was a random height gene in there somewhere?
Like, a 6'3 - 6'7 random height gene.
Our Giant Baby shooting hoops in the NBA.
Carson would be oh so proud.
(Or jealous.. same thing..)




4 comments:
haha...good luck on the height thing. that belly is so cute....still a little tiny thing.
wow your finally counting down the weeks, lucky you! your belly is still way small for 32 weeks! he will be here soon!
The baby seems big now, but when he comes out he will be so tiny! Those tiny little newborn diapers will be up to his armpits! But they grow fast!
Oh I remember those "get him OUT" and "am I REALLY ready for this?" feelings all too well! I think every mom goes feels that way - and with each baby, too. The thought of going from one child to two scared me. The thought of having more is scary, too. It's part of the process of adjusting to the new "normal."
Hyrum was a giant baby. Mr. 9 lbs 12 oz, over the 90th percentile. And you've seen how short we are! But as he's grown, he's tapered off into around the 25th percentile. (I should know this...I'd have to pull out the info sheet from the pediatrician.)
Those estimates are just guesses. I personally don't take much stock in them. They thought Emma would be a whole pound bigger than she was. I'm glad they didn't guess with Hyrum because they'd probably have insisted on a c-section. I'm glad I was able to push him out instead (with the help of a lovely epidural). We were all shocked by how huge he was!
Post a Comment