Christmas just isn't Christmas without some sort of party.
We really wanted to throw something fun, but with finals and everything, it had to be in the early parts of December.
So, really, it was a good way to start out the festivities.. Because quite frankly, all this holiday stuff is just getting too weird..
It really wasn't feeling like Christmas until after last night.
So what is a Christmas party without some ugly sweaters and gag gifts??
Yeah, I know.. that would be a terrible party.
The Shirley's were so generous and let us use their living room.. no one would have fit in our home.
Well, maybe not no one... Maybe like 3 people.
So we said Ugly sweaters - and Ugly sweaters were certainly what we got...
And don't worry - Jeff wore his to church today as well.
We ran into these two at the DI getting sweaters.. so when we saw the masterpiece that they came up with for Kyle, we were super impressed.
The lights would even twinkle for you.
I loved that Shaleena paired hers with pearls.. Such a classy look for her.
Both homemade.. we had very dedicated party-goers.
And the winner of the night... even though us party throwers didn't even think to have prizes..
The McMurry's never fail to impress a crowd.
This is why we love them so much.
And just in case you cannot really see Matt's sweater.. Here is a good side shot..
Probably the best ugly sweater I have ever seen.
The school children's hair was even multi-dimensional... really enhancing the sweaters beauty.
And of course.. I completely didn't think to take a picture of Rob and I and the beauty that our sweaters held.
This was the best picture I could get of Mr. Robert because he was too busy constantly showing his sweater off.
Because of course.. so many were jealous of him..
Because of course.. so many were jealous of him..
I really think sometimes people don't know how to take him because he is so quiet in church.. and not so quiet at parties.
We found our sweaters in the women's section of the DI.
The whole night Rob kept making manly voice impersonations of the women who his sweater could possibly belong too..
Claiming that he will never wear it in public again, in fear that she would confront him and want it back.
Claiming that he will never wear it in public again, in fear that she would confront him and want it back.
The gag gift part really brought some of the personalities out as well..
The hot item of the night would have to be a tie between pooping Santa or his pooping reindeer...
We were all jealous that the Camp's went home with their "matching set" at the end.
And it never fails..
Every time I throw a party, there are always so many generous people offering to help out.
Thanks to you party guests, we had some fabulous treats to kick off the season.
It was really fun.
It was fun to be outside of church, socializing and getting to know everyone that much better.
And we are so sad to see the Johnson's and the Smith's leaving us..
We know the Johnson's will be coming back..
But the Smith's are off to bigger and better things.. Like a real job, whatever that is.
It has been so great to get to know them, and we are just so lucky to be in the ward that we are in.
It truly has made living in Rexburg such a blessing.
I didn't think it would happen to me...
But I know it will be sad when it's our turn to go.














3 comments:
Bangs! Bangs! BANGS! Those things look worse than Matt's sweater.
How fun! It looks like you throw some really fun parties!
It always seems like as soon as we start to become friends with people, they move away. And we never do. We've been here for 3 years and it's STILL not our turn. I can't help but to be sad and jealous when friends move away. Sad because they're leaving, jealous because it's not my turn yet.
But I'll be sad when it's our turn to leave, too. Mostly excited, but still sad to leave friends and memories behind.
oh my! Aren't we all just fashionistas! If only we could all have the confidence to display our fab sweaters at church like Jeff.
Post a Comment