I know we can all agree on one thing.
That face up there is an angel face.
When he looks at you like that, it hits you pretty hard.
Hopefully as time goes I will learn to be immune to that face because I am way too soft these days.
One problem we seem to be facing lately is the fact that he won't eat his food.
I don't know what it is but he just doesn't like any of it all the sudden.
I get a few bites in, forcibly most times, but at least he can actually taste it.
But then the squawking starts.
Possibly to tell me he likes it?
Or is repulsed by it?
Then I get this face...
The face of... "Mom, if I could properly roll my eyes at this age, I would."
Possibly to tell me that he isn't a baby?
That baby's like him don't eat baby food?
It is almost like he is protesting something, even though we both know he likes it.
He just doesn't like it enough I guess.
And sure... I know what you are thinking...
You're thinking that the child is possibly just too distracted.
That maybe if he was fully focused on the food and not his animals, that eating would be a breeze.
Funny you should mention that, because I've been thinking the same thing lately.
So I did a little experiment yesterday...
I took away his animals, thought that maybe if they were not invited to the party, that he would actually enjoy the butternut squash.
I guess I should let you be the judge on whether or not my experiment worked.
He was then too busy mourning their loss, looking around me to see where I had hidden them...
The butternut squash still didn't matter.
Regardless of the fact that it was mixed with corn.
And then with that desperate face, longing for his friends...
I just couldn't help it.
I guess we will try peas tomorrow..
Maybe the peas will win over Doggy?
Although, I highly doubt it.


4 comments:
Haha too cute. He sure loves his animals. Luke won't eat his baby food anymore either. Just the sweet fruits. Any veggies and by the third bite he is spitting it everywhere. What to do?!
He's getting so BIG!!! I don't like that either! I wouldn't worry so much if he doesn't like certain veggies. My kids hated anything green. And forget rice cereal. None of them would touch it with a 10 foot pole. You just go with what they eat. They somehow manage to grow!
oh i just can't take it anymore....i need that baby pronto.
Brooklyn went through that too. I found it was just because she wanted to be feeding herself. I got a tray for the bumbo and let her grab some puffs on her own. It worked! It might be worth a try.
Post a Comment