10.25.2011

He Will Never Fail You

 It's funny how with children, every day is basically the same, but yet every day is drastically different.

One staple in our home is Veggietales.

I watched them when I was little, and with all the singing and good messages, I thought my little man would like them too.

Sure enough he loves them.

Maybe there is more of Mom in him than I think.

There are some songs he loves more than others, but this morning one of them hit me more than usual.

For those not into Veggietales like we are, they are Bible stories recreated using veggies.

Super cute.

Anyways, his favorite is Josh and the Big Wall.

The song I am referring to is sung by a miniature asparagus, but don't let his stature fool you...

"The Lord has given this land to us
No need to fuss
He knows what He's doing
I know He'll always take care of us
If we just follow Him

God's way is the best way
And yes I know
He loves you so
His way is the only way
And that's the way for me."

It could very well be the fact that I have seen this show a million times so I know the words by heart..

Or possibly because we move in exactly 3 weeks and have no idea where life is headed after that..

But regardless, that little miniature asparagus reminded me something that we all need a little reminding on every once in awhile.

Put your trust in the Lord.

He will never fail you.

0 comments: