My Mother thinks I share too much of my life on here.
And yes, I do agree with her.. I think we all share way too much about our lives on here.
For some reason or another, we feel that someone out in the internet world might care about us, or care about what we have to say, or we might help someone someday..
In my eyes, I just feel like I say what people are thinking.
I'm not much different then you guys..
I search blogs for answers too.
I comb Facebook to update myself.
I pretend to be personal friends with reality stars.
And for this reason, I feel I need to step back.
I feel that I need to ween myself of my technology addiction and my constant need to compare myself to the people around me.
And though I make my own choices, I know it is technology's fault.
I have my life, people have theirs, we are completely different, so how I think there might be similarities is beyond me.
We are nothing alike.
We all have different struggles, different strengths, and different paths along this road...
The only thing we have in common is the fact that we are all children of God.
Thats about it.
And yet, I feel like we should be in the same place in life?
It baffles me too, don't worry.
So for my sanity, for my personal growth, and so that I can see the beauty in my own life, I am doing a technology fast.
No, I will not stop writing on here, if that's what you are thinking.
And yes, you have every right to think that is strange seeing as this is technology.
But this is my journal, and like everyone else, I do feel I could help people with what I say.
Crazy, I know.
I, along with my family, are fasting from Facebook completely.
But then we are also taking some steps back and starting to use technology for its true intent and purpose.
If the conversation can happen on the phone and not through text, it should.
If there is something better to be doing rather than watching shows, then I will.
Rather than Facebook stalking, aimlessly perusing Pinterest, blog stalking people, some I don't even know personally...
I will choose something better.
Read, play games, clean..
Who knows what will take its place, and sure it will be extremely hard, but for 30 days I will be fasting.
Join me?


0 comments:
Post a Comment