5.09.2010

The Brantinghams are Back

Photobucket
I never thought people would miss me, but it has come to my attention that both my In-Laws, my Sister-in-Law, my Grandma, my Mom... They all miss my blogging rants!

 I have to say that I feel honored.

I really never thought there was anything important I had to say, but I at least hope it is entertaining. 

Why the lack of blogs?

It mainly has to do with the fact that I could not get pictures to upload on here, and what is so great about a blog without pictures? Then I guess it also has to do with the craziness of our lives lately. It seems like there is always something, and we don't even have kids yet.. so that should be interesting. 

What you have missed... 

Photobucket
Rob is back in school.. On with a new semester.. One down and many more to go!

Photobucket
That means many hours of this. That also means Elyse has to stop talking so much because its so distracting. 

But its good that he is back in school. I know he was twiddling his thumbs on that week off. He is headed into the new semester with more units than the last, more researching to do, but I know he is surprising himself with how good of a student he is. I, however, have always known.

Photobucket
For some reason I have found a love in baking. It calms me, I like seeing the creations come to life, and its just nice to try new things. This is a cake I made, the first one I have ever made. The frosting was too thin... I was just acting like I was making cupcakes, but for cakes it needs to be much more firm.. so you can see it falling down the sides a bit.. But it tasted really good, so I guess thats all that matters. 

But just because I have a new love in baking, doesn't mean I have gained 500 pounds.. though I likely should be with the amount of baked goods that go through this house. Its just not about the eating, its just the creating and the enjoyment people get from my food... I don't know why, but thats a boost I have gotten addicted to. 

And plus - This is where Steven comes in handy. I bake, we try a bite, and then we send it his way.

And we have a new addition to our family.. Meet my new best friend..

Photobucket
I was recently in California for a brief trip, and my mom let me take this baby home! And we got that desk at the DI, with the intention of painting it of course. 

I have so many ideas in mind, so many projects I want to start... I just am so excited to finally have a sewing machine. I honestly never thought I would miss it, but when you have two short people.. pants to hem.. clothes to mend.. buttons to sew on.. You really learn that a sewing machine is a part of the family. I honestly could never live without it. 

You'll have to stay tune for my projects.. because of course, amidst all the other billions of things life is throwing at me, I WILL find time for some sewing. Life is all about developing new talents and perfecting old ones, and I guess I am also just refining my multi-tasking skills. 

So life has been busy, but busy is what I love best. It keeps us moving, it keeps us focused, and it keeps us on our toes.

Photobucket
Till Next Time... 

4 comments:

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

you are dang cute. I'm glad to be your neighbor.

Trisha B said...

yeah! You're back! Glad to see that the pictures are working again!

Rob and Elyse said...

haha aww.. thanks orchid! and yes! Pictures are working, but only on photobucket.. its the strangest thing.. so annoying!

gr8apey said...

Your alive!!! Now you just have to get this poor mother of yours to update her blog...i just enjoy reading them, not writing them!!