Well, not only was today the first Father's Day for Rob..
But it was my first time having to be in charge!
Now I know how much goes on behind the scenes...
As a kid, I just did what my mom told me to do while adding a cute hug and kiss or love note in there.
And sure, Dad's eat that stuff up..
But someone has to make the meal.
Someone has to plan the love notes.
Someone just plain has to plan something.
And I felt so much pressure this year because...
A. It was his first Father's Day.
B. We are moving soon and don't really have the place for scrapbooks or picture frames that will just be packed up and stored.
C. He does not have an office where he can show off his kids with something creative.
I just was at a loss.
Thankfully Rob is not hard to please, and at the end of the day, just wants to know that we appreciate him and everything he does for us.
But a Dad has to have something to show off his Fatherhood and so I thought I would go the "techy-creative" route.
Yes, that is his iPhone lookin' much better with Ross on it.
I was so nervous about ordering it online because I didn't know the quality..
But I was pleasantly surprised, and when you guys see it in person you will be oh so jealous.
In fact, after Rob put it on his phone and everything he said, "Do you know who's going to want one of these?"
I honestly couldn't answer.
But once he said my Mom, I felt stupid that I didn't think of it.
Christmas gifts? Just maybe.
Here is Ross in his Father's Day church outfit.
I know Mom, he already is fitting in this!!
Rob taught in Elder's today, so I had the little guy..
And let's just say that it was one of those Sunday's where I was trying to figure out why I went to church in the first place.
I missed the sacrament, but heard maybe 10 min. of one of the talks.
I guess the choir sang and a member of the Stake Presidency spoke as well, but I wouldn't know.
I missed Sunday School entirely.
And then I caught the last 20 min. of Relief Society... tithing maybe?
But he's cute, right?
And what Father's Day is not complete without a delicious meal.
I cooked all of his favorites.
A man meal with meat, potatoes, peppers, a gravy, and a salad.
Leftovers for a week in other words.
And we ate this delicious meal on a really cute picnic table that we got for our wedding.
It rolls up and fits in this shoulder bag.
It seriously was perfect.
We did a linner to make sure that Rob could get in a good Sunday nap.
Regardless of it being Father's Day, he needs it... Bad.
But it was also perfect because Ross went down for his nap right as we were about to have dinner, so we actually got to sit together and talk and be cute at our cute little table.
It was perfect.
And we are just so thankful for Rob.
Our little family would not be complete without him, and I am certainly more and more grateful for him the more days we have under our belt.
I couldn't do this without him and he is seriously such a great Dad.
He is truly my favorite.


1 comments:
elyse seriously you just described my sunday! wish we were together. haha i was thinking honestly WHAT IS THE POINT!! :)
Post a Comment