6.02.2011

How Could You?

Yes, I know its pathetic that I am blogging and I am supposedly on a little "get-away."

But I have nothing else to be doing while I wait for my little napper to wake up.

So please, don't judge me.

I am still getting used to the whole no homework thing, and this is when I would typically be doing homework.. 

So I am at a loss.

Blogging is the only thing I could come up with and now I am feeling stupid that I seriously had nothing else.

Ok - enough of that.. Let's look at cute Ross.

We were a little nervous that we would be hearing screams from him the entire drive to Salt Lake.
He seemed to be entertained by his hanging toys at first.
Then he couldn't figure out if he should be bugged, or if he actually liked his hanging toys.
But Mom is pretty funny sometimes and I started doing dance moves.

He either thought I was ridiculous, or super groovy.

You know exactly which one it was.
And Daddy had the genius idea of bringing this Sun Mirror that he has.

It was so cute to watch him laugh and talk to the "person" in the mirror.

I thought the little guy in the mirror was pretty cool too.
The drive itself, however, was stunning.

Everything was so green, and with the complimenting snow capped mountains, you honestly could not complain much.

But complain I did because it was long.

We realized that our stamina for driving has diminished completely.

We were whining even before we made it past the Utah border sign, and that is just downright pathetic.

So I am not sure who was worse, us or Ross.

It seriously would be us though, as sad as that sounds.

Rossy Man was sleeping half the time.
His big boy pajamas...

I was very sad that he was able to wear something like this.... No snaps in the entire outfit.

I never thought I would be sad for the disappearance of snaps.
And he was just a little excited to be out of the car and in some place new.
Yeah, just a little excited.

And of course, a night is not complete without a little playtime with Daddy.
And because I do not have a normal child who knows and acts his age, of course he would love trying to stand instead of going for the more age appropriate things...

You know, like rolling over, or even sitting up by himself.

No, those things are clearly just for babies.
By the time all this fun and games was over, I realized he didn't have his nighttime bath.

Thankfully he still was able to sleep without the routine, and regardless of how much sleep he had had in the car..

And I honestly couldn't tell you if it was a better night than nights previous because I was so tired myself.

But regardless, he sure wakes up a happy baby.
 I am in love with that buddha belly.
So, so far the weather looks gorgeous...

I cannot wait to get outside and start walking around.

But I cannot wake my sleeping baby.. That is certainly something I will never do.

Cranky baby = Cranky Mommy..

And I have actually showered and gotten ready, so we certainly do not want to ruin the day.

But in my mass picture taking this morning I think I actually picked a winner...
Go trying having a bad day after seeing that face..

I mean, really, how could you?

2 comments:

Camden McCusker said...

you actually just made my day with that picture! this is mom not camden...she never signs out properly!!

Camden McCusker said...

This is actually camden and you never sign out either mom!!! U have to give us that baby before i die!!!