5.20.2011

I Honestly Wouldn't Change A Thing

I think with motherhood comes the natural tendency to be negative.

Or maybe thats womanhood... I don't know.. 

But the point is that sleep deprivation tends to lead me toward a glass half-empty mentality and I have been trying to change.

So this week I tried to be more positive.

I doubt it came across vocally because I am not that perfect yet, but I was continually thinking about what I am grateful for, or rather, what makes my life meaningful.

You go from life all about yourself, to life with a child.. and it is easy to get forgotten in a way.

Everything you do as a person is about your child, everything you do as a couple tends to surround your child.. 

So you just get forgotten in a way.

I needed to look at life in a different perspective this week to remind myself that there is life beyond dirty diapers still. 

It existed once, it can exist again.

So this whole week I have been thinking about my blessings..

And that's when I couldn't get my mind off of this guy.
Ross is pretty cute, but I am really talking about Rob.

I am so grateful for my Husband and I know it is something I need to be saying more often.

He does so much for our little family, and just so much for me.. 

I love how much we laugh together, how he tolerates my melt downs, his pep talks to get me out of the meltdown.. His cooking.. His smile.. How he continually reminds me how grateful he is for me. 

He means so much to me and I am so lucky to have him. 

I truly am the lucky one.

Not only that, but I love seeing him with Ross.

He is such an incredible Father and it has been so wonderful watching him settle into Fatherhood these past months.
And Ross adores him.

There are just certain moments where you look at your life, reflecting on it as a whole, and you just don't feel you deserve everything you've been given.

I guess that's where I am at.

I probably haven't been the best person to live with the past few months..

New Mom... still doing school... trying to figure life out again.. hating laundry more than ever..

And so I am truly grateful for Rob and his patience.

He is the most patient man.

I look forward to all the years we have ahead of us, mainly because he has taught me so much already, especially about myself.

I am better because of him.

In church on sunday we were talking about the Priesthood and how we women can honor it.

I honestly don't know how we got on some of the topics that came up, but one woman in the congregation mentioned that her and her husband have been through extreme difficulties, but that they love each other so fiercely that they have been able to overcome and grow closer.

I loved that she used the word fiercely because it is so descriptive.

It makes me feel like they cling to one another through everything.

I can say the same for Rob and I.

We have faced some difficulties, but we love each other so fiercely that we have grown together through it all, and we truly cling to each other to get through those difficult moments.

How grateful I am for a Husband who understands me, who is willing to stand by me, who is willing to communicate with me, and who loves me with everything he has.

Marriage truly has been a growing experience for me and I am so grateful for the life lessons and for the opportunity we have had to cling to one another.

I don't think there is any lesson in life more important than that one.

Cling to your spouse.

Then there is this little guy..
I get to see this face every single day.

I am such a lucky lady.
He even makes slobber look good.
But it is mainly just the fact that he lets me be his Mom.

My little family gives me so much joy.

I get to be with two people who I love every single day.

I cannot think of anything that could be better than what I am doing right now.

Being a Wife, being a Mom.. 

They have been two of the most rewarding jobs in my entire life...

Mainly because they are pushing me to reach my full potential and giving me reasons to smile every single day, especially on the days when smiling is the last thing I want to do.
And then, just when I think I can't do it.. I see these silly faces and I find the motivation to keep moving forward.

This is certainly not a job for the weak, but a job that continually pushes you to be stronger than you thought possible.
 I love my boys so much.
My heart is so full with gratitude today.

How grateful I am for this little life of mine.

I honestly wouldn't change a thing.

3 comments:

Crystal & Brandon said...

oh elyse you always say exactly how i am feeling, its kinda creepy, ive been feeling those exact thought lately and then tonight i was rocking my lil one in the rocking chair and singing im a child of god and she pops her head up, looks at me, smiles and then lays back down on my shoulder and then feel asleep. its moments like that that keep u going. arent they just the sweetest things? thanks for your blogs. i love them.

Camden McCusker said...

Thanks for being my big sis and best friend!!! I love you so much and I can't wait till we can see u again! love you

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of Ross smiling at Rob! you should frame it to remember the good times when he is a teenager! p.s. you really should make your blog private!!! for your own good! and cause I say so