5.02.2011

Mommy Is Smart

You know when something exciting is coming and you get almost anxious in anticipation?

That's how I feel right now.

I took a final for a class on Friday, I just got my final paper graded and will be taking the final for another class this week...

And then just 8 more assignments and I will be taking my last final of my college career.

Man has this been such a long road.

But wow do I feel so great that it is so close to coming to an end!

I knew I could do it... sometimes it felt like it would happen.. but I always knew I could do this and I feel such a sense of accomplishment as it comes to a close.

Not that this is the complete end to my education because I don't feel you should ever be done.. but it is nice to be able to close a chapter.

To see the rewards makes all this hard work so worth it.

And then there is this little man...
These last few months have been the hardest part of this journey.. And mostly because he is such a cutie and takes so much of my attention.

Lately he has been going to bed at 10pm, waking up between 2 and 3..

Since I know he is down for good, that is my best working hours... so for the past couple of nights I have been going to be at about 1am.

Last night I laid my head on my pillow at about 1am. I was finally drifting off when I heard his little cry.

You can imagine how excited I was to get out of bed.

And this has been the last 4 nights... Me up late working.. barely get to bed and he wakes.. and then he wakes every 2 hours until about 8am when he decides he is done laying down.

To say I am exhausted and my brain is tired of thinking this much is definitely an understatement.

But there is certainly a price to pay to get to the top.

And I am willing to pay the price to get that piece of paper.

That way I can show this little man that I did it.
Mommy is smart.

1 comments:

gr8apey said...

you're more than just smarts!