5.26.2011

I Love My Growing Boy

I asked Rob yesterday if he was happy that I was a mom, or something along those lines.

He thought my question was pretty stupid to be honest, because clearly I should know the answer...

But I guess I was just feeling him out, trying to make sure he thought I was doing a good job.

This Mom thing is such a roller-coaster that sometimes I really do need those pats on the back to let me know I am doin' alright.

I can't necessarily quote his response because my memory isn't all there these days, but I can tell you that it made me feel really good.

It made me feel like the best Mom in the world.. 

And I realized this morning that this is probably the only time in a woman's life when she is proud to have bags under her eyes.
I honestly think this will be the only time when I see bags under my eyes in the morning and feel like I am doing something right.

Any other time would mean the wrinkle cream is clearly not working.

I haven't pinpointed what is wrong with my little booger, but sleeping is not his favorite thing these days.

And sleep is certainly Mommy's favorite thing..

So you can see we have a problem.
And yet another of him in that Bumbo of his.

I swear he could live in that thing and every time I see him in it I have to take bunches of pictures because he looks like a little man sitting there.
And could he have any more blankets?

This is the only way he likes to sleep.

The hotter it gets, the more I realize we need a fan for his room...

Because I doubt he will want to give up his blankies.
And this is as good as I could get.

But I had to document the cutest toes alive.

I seriously am so in love with his little feet.

And he is so in love with the outdoors.

Yesterday we were having a crabby day and it was finally sunny outside so I decided to see if the outdoors would cheer him up.

We sat out in front of the gates leading to our apartment complex to watch the cars drive by and the boy was in heaven!

A big school bus drove by at one point and he started laughing out loud - it was the cutest thing.

And of course, after 40 mins. of sitting there, I took him inside and he proceeded to cry as if I had just pinched him or something.

So we went back out and waited for Daddy to get home and that seemed to appease him.

The guy cannot stay indoors.

And we have discovered books!

I didn't think he would get it just yet, but we have this bath time book and that seemed to get some giggles out of him.

I am in love with his giggles.

So if you have any book suggestions we are all ears!

I love my growing boy.

3 comments:

Nicole P said...

He is sooo adorable, like so and you look beautiful, bags and all!

corinneandmatt said...

We like OH The Places You'll Go (and pretty much any Dr Seuss), Bear Snores On, We're Going On a Bear Hunt, Goodnight Moon, the list continues. We go to the library each week and stock up. I say it is never to young for books! And with the board books they can help turn the pages without ripping them.

gr8apey said...

i love those toes too!! I have a TON of books, as you know, so just come home and get some.