I know you can't really tell from this picture, but trust me, it's snowing like crazy. This is certainly not California weather, but I can say its a nice change. Snow is so interesting because it isn't too wet, and it is so beautiful to watch. I have been sitting here watching it all morning. Seeing the beauty that other places hold is a special experience. I am so used to the beauty of Orange County, so it is nice to find the beauty in other places.
A couple weeks ago we had a really good lesson in Relief Society. It was all about showing our love toward our Heavenly Father. The lesson started out with talking about how much He loves us, and then slowly ended with how we can show we love Him in return.
The following week was about our spiritual gifts, and recognizing that those came from our Father in Heaven. We talked about recognizing those gifts within ourselves, as well as bettering ourselves to recognize them in others.
Each week we are given a goal, some sort of quest or questions that we are to answer and recite our experiences to the class the following Sunday.
Even though its been multiple weeks since some of these lessons, they are still in the back of my mind, especially when I am sitting her witnessing firsthand the miracles of our Father in Heaven. I know many look at snow as being an imposition, something wet and cold that you have to drive 10mph in, but I just cant help but be overwhelmed at its beauty. It is so pure, so clean, so bright. Witnessing that kind of beauty in nature is like witnessing our Father in Heaven proving his love. He gives us nothing but beautiful things.
I drive Rob to school every day and then I pick him up on days when the snow gets pretty bad. He usually likes walking home but when you cant really see in front of you, and you are freezing, it wouldn't be that fun. One morning when I dropped him off there were people in front of my car and I couldn't really move, so I just watched my handsome Husband walk up the hill to his class.
All at once a huge rush of emotion rocketed through me. I could feel how much his Savior loves him, and how much he means to Him. I just saw how hard he is working in school, and not only how proud I am of him, but how proud Heavenly Father is of him. It was probably only seconds, but in those seconds I knew that Rob is a Son of our Heavenly Father, and He loves him more than I can even comprehend.
That is such a special feeling, knowing your Spouse is of great worth, not only to you, but to his Maker.
I look out at the beauty found in the snow, and I look at Rob knowing of the beauty he has within himself, and I just get so overwhelmed with love for the creation and for our time spent here on Earth. I am so grateful we get to have experiences such as these, where we can see clearly the Lords worth in all of us.
I am so grateful for Rob. I am so grateful that he chose to go on a mission, that he chooses the right as best as he can, and that he loves me unconditionally. I am so grateful that he leaves his socks on the floor, that sometimes he forgets to close cabinets, and that he loves doing the dishes. I am so grateful that he tries his very best, and that he only wants to give his best for our little family.
I am grateful for what he has brought out of me, parts of me that I thought were dead. He brings nothing but joy and laughter and love to this home, and I couldn't be more grateful for that.
I am grateful for my Savior. I am grateful that He gives us beauty. He gives us beauty through nature, through the wonderful people around us, and within us. It is up to us to find that beauty, no matter the cold, no matter the trials.. We are to find the beauty within us all, striving to treat everyone around us as Children of God.
He loves us, and we show our love to Him by seeking out the beauty that life is constantly offering.
This is a beautiful world.


6 comments:
beautiful post
i love you and your heart. You inspire me so much and I'm so impressed with the things you say. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings with us. I LOVE YOU.
p.s. I didn't get your text till like 6 15 because my phone was on silent and I'm SOOO sorry!!
as always...you see very deeply into things and that makes you who you are. miss and love you.
mom
that was a really sweet post and i have never thought of it that way the snow is really pretty and i love you and miis you see you soon
Post a Comment