The most successful thing I did today was take Robs computer to the Tech lab on campus. What a great thing that is. Just a bunch of guys behind a counter, helping students with their computer problems at no cost. I was shocked. And with me being the spouse of a student, meaning I might as well be a student, I am able to use those services as well.
What was wrong with his computer? We were asking the same question. My computer recognized every network in the building, allowing us to chose our router for internet use. His computer, however, showed nothing. It didn't recognize any single one of the networks available in the area... and there are easily 15-20 to choose from. We have been trying to fix it for a couple weeks now, but nothing has been working.
Most of you know I do my schooling online. I only have 6 more classes, so you could pretty much say that the light is at the end of the tunnel. You need your computer to do your schooling online. My Grandma has probably been wondering why I haven't called for tuition, and his broken computer would be the explanation. Rob is only at school for about 4-5 hours at a time. In that time I clean, I cook, I shop for food.. Now I know how my mother gets no time for showering, and I don't even have children.. just Rob. Last week it seemed like everything was happening to prevent me from not doing schoolwork. Our battery died and that took about an hour and a half to get done. Rob needed to be driven to and from school on the day when I seriously thought he would freeze to death. Every time I turned around I was being driven somewhere for something, that by the time we got home Rob needed the computer. With him having immediate deadlines, I of course didn't put up a fight... Except for this week. I finally marched into the tech lab today.
Thinking it would be something serious, I explained the problem to the tech people and then just watched them work. About 5 min. later they had it fixed. I begged to be told what could have possibly been the problem, only to find out it was a simple push of a side button. I felt like a retard in that tech lab; the girl with the simple retarded problem. There I was with my prissy so-cal purse, this huge ring on my finger, my hair was actually done (I was pretty proud of that), playing on my iPhone while I waited... Only to hear it was a simple push of a button. I walked out laughing to myself, with my California prissy attire following me. I'm sure they were all rolling their eyes.
Other things that filled my day today...
Rob took off his shoes and I died laughing. These obviously are my socks.. and apparently I have to do laundry.
I started organizing Rob's work area so that he doesn't feel crammed in there. I swear the desk looked beautiful before he got home and started working. He likes to sprawl out. I went to Walmart hoping to find a dry erase calender/magnetic board/cork board thingy.. but to no avail. So instead of settling for something else, I just made my own out of the other things they had. I think it works better this way. He can see his assignments, see the calendar, and pin or write things that he needs.
This wall was just way too bare. I think this livens it up a bit, and I personally love having our wedding photos displayed. In that blank will be a picture of Rob with his siblings.
It was a busy day today, to where I completely forgot about dinner and opted for pancakes. I like days like today. And regardless of the annoyance it has been to have only one computer, it has been really nice to see how hard Rob is working. He comes home, we talk about our days, and he goes to his study. I have never seen him work this hard, and its honestly completely refreshing. I can see the pride in his eyes when he comes to me and tells me everything he has done, or shows me the grades he's getting. I love seeing him enjoy what he is doing, because that only makes me enjoy him that much more.
School is doing Rob good. School is certainly doing Rob good.


2 comments:
this makes me smile. i'm so glad that he is busy and happy!! and now i know to get him more socks for his bday. those are an embarrassment!!!!
i love the wedding pictures on the wall your right it was too bare well please read my blog and comment yahhh for comments bye
Post a Comment