1.14.2010

Waiting

That seems to be all this week is about. Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

I'm waiting to hear back from my counselor @ Indiana so I know which writing class I am missing...

I'm waiting to get approval on all the classes I signed up for so I can actually pay and start these classes...

I'm waiting on my couches to arrive, and I'm starting to worry that the store might just send any couches just to get me to stop calling them...

And all the while, I sit here in this apartment cleaning.. Organizing.. Doing all the little things that I shouldn't be doing while doing school work...

This is the part about life that I always have a problem with. You know, the part where you have to have patience.... Or, the part where you can only do so much and then it all depends on people around you. Sometimes I just wish everyone was on top of things like I am. I mean, really.

So, despite the minor setbacks lately, I have found joy in the simple things of life.



Take these for instance. I am obsessed with grapefruit. We found a huge bag at Sam's club for $4 and I have literally had one every day since. With a little brown sugar, and these incredible grapefruit spoons, this is the breakfast of champions. Or maybe just a ridiculous obsession. Regardless, these make every day bright.



And this.. My favorite way to do dishes. I laugh every time I start soaking everything imaginable because I can just see my mother rolling her eyes. This is the best way to wash dishes, I promise.

So, nothing exciting to say.. Certainly nothing that exciting going on here. If you could please call Indiana University, as well as the sofa mart, and tell them I am waiting as patiently as possible, I would greatly appreciate it. They certainly don't seem too happy to hear from me anymore and I know that has nothing to do with the billions of calls I have made.

5 comments:

Camden McCusker said...

hahahha i hope your couches come soon and when they do post about them and who cares if you call a bunch of times it is just like when we called tutta frescos and complained about rob not coming its ok just call a couple more times and then they will say oh she wanted her couches!!! hahaha love ya miss ya

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I'm so mad at your sofa people!!! Weren't the sofas suppose to arrive like last week or something!!!!


p.s. I'm the most impatient person in the world.

I love you

Rob and Elyse said...

hahaha thank you Camden! that is a PERFECT idea! You are full of nothing but genious. And yes Orchid.. Last Week!! I have literally called every day since making sure they are on top of things. haha and this is why we are friends, because I cannot stand being patient. seriously, its the hardest thing in the world.

Aubrey said...

ohhh no, not the soaking! Joe would be rolling his eyes at me all the time when i would tell him he can't soak things. He's the soaker and I'm the get it in the dish washer ASAP! haha....sew while you are waiting...does wonders!!

gr8apey said...

Soaking is ridiculous!!! Just rinse as you go!! then the dishes don't pile up like that! geez, yes, i'm rolling my eyes! as far as camden's advice...not to sure i would listen to that one. enjoy those sofas!! I'm just sitting here waiting for your pictures to come through!