1.09.2010

Date Night



This is me. This is me very cold. This is me very cold and my cute husband decided to wrap me up.



I guess you could say I was de-frosting. I don't know why, but the cold really hit me yesterday. Maybe it was the fact that I was actually walking in it and wasn't exactly prepared. Or maybe it was the fact that I just sat in it, without being completely prepared. When its as cold as it was yesterday, even the heater at full blast in your car does nothing. Its nice and warm when you sit right against it, but thats about it. When it's as cold as it was yesterday, its honestly hard to breath. It literally hurts to breath, and now I completely get it when they say your nose hairs freeze. I think my nose hairs are still frozen.

Poor Rob had to walk home in this arctic. He is such a trooper. I'm sure he was cursing the cold in his brain, and I couldn't kiss him for the first couple of min. because I am sure our faces would have frozen together. Oh, how we love Rexburg.

Yesterday was Friday. It was the first Friday that Rob and I have had alone since we were married. Usually he works weekend nights, but with both of us without jobs, we found we could actually have a date. Having grown up near city life, we were anxious to go to Idaho Falls. It's nice to come back to a small town, but its nice to visit the "city life" every once in awhile.

We shopped and meandered around Sam's Club. Then we went and had the most delicious burger in the world. I'm sorry In N' Out... But Five Guys sure has something on you..



We thought we would be sad to leave In N' Out, but man were we happy when we discovered these babies. Delicious in a bun.

Somewhere in the night I was searching through my purse for something. Purses really don't suit the cold, and with these gigantic pockets in our jackets, I've just been using those instead. I honestly havent touched my purse in awhile. I sifted through all the stuff inside it, looking for who knows what, and look what I found instead..



This is a Petco receipt. I know I didn't blog about my Petco experience and the cop that came after me, but the entire misunderstanding was all due to the fact that I didn't have this magic piece of paper. And now, weeks later, here is the little bugger. This would have saved me from that crazy saleswoman, the woman yelling on the top of her lungs for me to leave her store... All because I wanted credit and I didn't have the receipt. She even called the cops on us, shouting that we should leave the store immediately. Thinking back on this now, I still cannot believe how ridiculous the entire scene was. I promise you, I stayed calm. I spoke in the calm voice you are supposed to speak in. I was respectful. She just wasn't full of Christmas cheer. That's just the conclusion we came to. The fact that this receipt actually showed up just makes me laugh.



Stupid stupid receipt.

I love date nights though. I really do. I forgot how much I missed having Rob with me on a regular Friday night. It was fun to be together. We always have so much fun. I am so grateful for our friendship, because no marriage would be complete without the solid friendship that holds the foundation together. Rob is my best friend, and I wouldn't want to spend eternity with anyone else. No one makes me smile like he does. No one makes me laugh like he does. No one makes me as happy as he does.



I am so in love with my Husband.

7 comments:

Grandma said...

to bad your brothers already used up the money for toys for the rats.

Nikki said...

Oh, I LOVE five guys!!! We just got a couple of in n outs here and frankly, I don't get the hype. I was never much of a fan. But five guys is to die for! Yummy!

Rob and Elyse said...

hahah Grandma!! You commented!!!! I'm so impressed!!! and yes... Five Guys is sooooooo goood!!!! I honestly cant even compare the two and we are so happy to have found them!!!

gr8apey said...

is that grandma up there???!!! I feel like i'm on hollywood squares and you're looking up at the person in the top box! anyhow, love the receipt. that DEFINITELY would have come in handy, but yes, grandma is right...toys for the rats.

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

ya'll are sooo cute it kills me! I know how you feel!!! Since Al & I have been married I've been so busy with work and school that we never get to go out on dates, so last night was so nice just being the two of us.!

shawna henrie said...

you guys got rats???????

Camden McCusker said...

yeah we got rats the kids and grandma commented shocking!!!!!! you guys are so cute together and i love you bye ps five guys is awesome