This little sucker has created some problems in the Brantingham Home.
Although - I guess it all depends on your definition of problems.
Rob loves sports.
Football especially.
He doesn't watch sports as much as some fans most likely do, but he likes to know his stats, he likes to know what's going on, without having it on every second of the day.
My kind of sport lover.
There is a company that my office works with, and for an incentive to get us to send them business, they like doing competitions.
Lately it has been all about College Football... Something Rob drools over.
I brought a sheet home one day and he helped me pick out the teams he felt would win..
I brought it home the next week and I mentioned something about prizes being offered...
Bad idea.
Well, good idea..
Again, I guess its all in how you look at it.
Next thing I know, Robert is on every site imaginable, trying to make sure his picks were the right ones.
We actually won first place that week.
First place being a $50 gift card to Applebee's.
He was only just starting...
The next week, he made sure to carefully pick every team, more so than the week before.
Not only did he now know there were prizes, but now he knew they were actually good ones.
All weekend he has had the games on, yelling and chanting, saying how much more fun they are to watch when you are practically gambling their chances away..
So yes, we really strive for good morals in this home.
We just found out today that we got third place..
Another $25 dollars to Applebee's.
So yes.. I love that my Husband loves sports as much as he does.
I love that sports were on the entire weekend.. the competitive style coming out full force in Mr. Robert.
I also love anything free.
But wow... What the heck are we going to do with this much Applebee's?
And the competition isn't over..
Every week we pick our teams, and every week Rob is just getting more and more motivated to win..
Most likely hoping there is some grand prize for his continuous dedication.
Most likely hoping there is some grand prize for his continuous dedication.
So I guess Applebee's better get ready...
The Brantinghams are moving in.



4 comments:
Hahahahahhaaha Hey you get free food and u dont have to cook!!! but that is funny
My husband has been helping my mom with her NFL picks! She only missed three this week! Unfortunately, her office doesn't give great prizes like yours.
SAVE THE GIFT CARDS! When the baby comes and you're too tired to cook, Rob can bring home some Applebee's! You also won't want to be spending extra food money when the baby comes, I'm sure.
Fun post, Elyse, I love it!
haha that's awesome! congrats girl! gift cards are my favorite thing ever!
yayy for gift cards...how much can two people actually eat at applebees??! those things could potentially last a loooong time!
Post a Comment