10.13.2010

They Make It All Worth It

You are probably getting sick of hearing all the excitement about this time of year. 

I know that is really all people are talking about right now. 

Just the fact that we are even talking about this time of year, and living in this time of year, is killing me. 

I seriously feel like we were just doing this. 

Again, I know I am not the only one saying that. 

But seriously, weren't we just doing this? 

I think what also scares me, is the fact that the holidays coming so quickly means that my baby will be here sooner than I know it. 

As much as I want to meet him and hold him... It scares me. 

There is one thing I have been thinking a lot about lately, something that always makes this time of year perfect.. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

We most likely won't be home in time for this.. We are planning on going to California around the middle of December. Knowing my Mom, she will have this all done pretty close to the day after Thanksgiving.. 

But this will always be one of my favorite memories. 

It is always something that makes this time of year feel just like it should. 

This is the time to be around family, to be creating traditions or carrying on ones that have seen generations. 

This is the time for gratitude and love and appreciation for that family, and then we try and show it as best we can. 

I love my family. 

I really love my family so much, and it is times like these.. With a little guy of my own coming.. That my love and appreciation for them grows even deeper. 

So no, I most likely will not be decorating a tree this year.

I am so busy thinking about my schoolwork, that my gifts most likely won't be that creative. 

And I am just getting bigger every day.. The thought of being in the car for billions of hours on that drive home is starting to settle in. 

But regardless, I am so grateful that we have two wonderful families to share this all with. 

I mean, what would the purpose in life be if we didn't have our families?

They make it all worth it.

2 comments:

gr8apey said...

I love you. but next time could you post a picture without my butt as the main focus? come home and i will make sure to have the decorations ready for the day you will visit us and you can go to town!!

gr8apey said...

I love you. but next time could you post a picture without my butt as the main focus? come home and i will make sure to have the decorations ready for the day you will visit us and you can go to town!!