Its been a couple days without a post, and I feel bad... I wanted to post something practically every day so that this is a true documentary of the journey to the alter. Well, I guess understanding that life gets crazy, is understanding the journey quite perfectly. This past week has been a big one, full of milestones in my personal life. For those of you close to me, you know what those entail. We have also come to the realization that if we had the wedding next week, we would be
ok. The majority of the large action items have been completed. Here are the things accomplished this week...

Here are my wedding jewels. I decided to be very simple, because
that's just me, and I love pearls. I got those earrings yesterday, but the
bracelet was given to me from Grandma Helen. Grandpa Mac gave her that
bracelet with matching earrings on a wedding anniversary, and after Grandpa passed away, Grandma Helen gave those to me. I thought the
bracelet looked nice with the earrings, and it also could count for something borrowed... kind of.

Here is a sample of the color my mother will be wearing. This matched with some black
bolero pants looks classy and funky and sassy all rolled into one. I tried to get the best photo of it without giving anything away, so this is the cuff, and this is way too blue right here.

We are doing a rehearsal dinner of sorts for immediate family the night before. I have always liked the idea of that, along with celebratory toasts from various people. It just makes for a good way to have fun with your loved ones, while kicking off the wedding weekend with a great start. This is a sample of the invitations we will be sending for that, and the purple looks brown here. I swear, my colors are getting all confused through photos.

We have our engagements this coming
Saturday, and I am SO excited to have her pose us perfectly! I honestly cannot wait to see what she comes up with. Here are samples of the clothes we will be wearing... it will be at a small local beach. Now, if my face would stop stressing out, we will have gorgeous pictures.

Here is a sample of the planting work my mom has been doing. Rob went with her to pick some stuff out, and this is the look we are going for in my backyard so far. Sampling, all of this is just a little sampling.
Sunday we attended Rob's sisters ward for her baby's blessing, and it was beautiful. I always love seeing that circle of strong
priesthood holders, coming together in the name of the Lord. It was so good to see his family, and hear their beautiful testimonies. It just reminded me of how lucky I am to be coming into such an incredible group of people, who will do nothing but love and support us and help us grow.
Other than that, all is well in the wedding world. It is just so nice to have this kind of support from the people I love, and especially for this wonderful
occasion. So, here is to a great week, and hopefully a great face for pictures!!
2 comments:
elyse...i said, do your homework.
Hey, wedding stuff is important! And I'd know that bench anywhere. I believe we had a family picture taken there! I'll put the bridal shower on my calendar and I'll make sure I am there! LOVE YOU!!!!
Post a Comment