6.29.2009

Weekend Madness

This weekend was a definite adventure of many kinds. I am sure I will not do any of the stories justice, but because this is a journal of the journey, I have to write everything down so that it is all documented. Here we go..

First off, this was the last weekend Rob drives down before he moves! Since he was here all of June, I will go up there all of July. Then, the first weekend in august, we move him down and the Job hunt transpires. It seems like August is so far away, September even, but if it goes as fast as June did, it will be here before we know it! I am sure he is happy to get a good rest from driving, and I was happy for that too! I enjoyed the resting while it lasted, and as of Friday I will be to the wheel, facing the wonderful traffic again! What we do for love..

It seems like we were pretty busy this weekend, and Sunday we literally went to church and then back in PJ's for the remainder of the day because we didn't want to do anything. It was beautiful! We don't get those days often so we tried to soak it up while we could!

Friday Rob got here a bit earlier than normal, so we went to Crate & Barrel with my mom to get ourselves registered. Who knew that could be such a project! I knew Rob felt tortured to have to be there, but I was really happy he came. A special thank you to my mother as well, because honestly, we would have been lost without her in there! We picked out all our stuff, some things I didn't even know what they did, but Mom says I will love it - and you never argue with Mom. We then headed to Max's game, but because we spent too long in the store we missed him playing.

Saturday we were supposed to Hike the Mountain behind my house, but due to lack of sleep, we didn't get up early enough. After that we went and finished our registration process at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. That was twice as overwhelming as Crate & Barrel, and literally, had my mom not been there who knows what we would've come out with! All three of us were so tired of choosing by the end of that excursion - but I am actually really excited for it all. I can cook, I don't love to and I don't do it often, but I can cook when I want to. Seeing all those tools that would be my personal collection made me really excited to start a home. Its funny how that happens.

We went and tasted Cakes afterward, but wow, for the price this place was awful. For disclosure I wont mention the name of this little bakery, but they are certainly not the place for wedding cakes. After that we went to see Max's game, due to the fact that we missed it the night before. He played really well and it was fun to watch him, but I felt my pride seep in when he scored the winning shot! With about 3 seconds left on the clock, they passed to him and he couldn't have made a more beautiful 3 pointer to win the game by one point! Go Max!

My dad loves his pedicures. He loves to be massaged and pampered, and that is always his little treat to himself. He has been trying to get Rob to go with him to break Rob into the tradition, or maybe just to test his manhood. So we went Saturday afternoon, as I am sure Rob will not admit to. It was my Dad, Camden, Rob, Me, and my cousin Colin. I have never laughed so hard at the experience. Rob was clearly uncomfortable, and after some incredibly hilarious facial expressions, I felt our money was definitely worth it. He did admit that the massage was nice, and I am sure if I bat my eyes he will go with me again.

Saturday night we finally had our date night, and finally got some alone time, although we barely snuck out of there. Carson and Max were trying to weasel their way in at the last min. We had a nice dinner, looked at some cute puppies, and called it a night. I love just being with him. I love when there aren't really plans and we just talk and laugh together.

Sunday was a great day at church. I had to sing, so I woke up early to get my voice working properly. I think it sounded OK, I mean, at least notes came out.. which is always a good thing. I always enjoy singing. So much of my testimony has developed through my experiences with music, and for that I am extremely grateful. We came home and this is when we put on our PJ's and lounged around. Best idea yet. We watched some movies, ate some food, played a funny trampoline game we made up, and then Rob had to leave..

We try to talk to each other while we are driving so that we know the other one is safe, and we try to keep the other one awake. It is sort of complicated though because by this point we are both exhausted from the weekend and with one of us laying comfortably in bed, you can imagine which one falls asleep. It is also almost easier to not be on the phone while driving because you can turn your music up, you can eat your munchies, and you aren't having to deal with holding a phone while someone is barely awake on the other end. How can you be barely awake in bed and keep someone awake while driving? It doesn't really work. So, we usually talk the first little bit of the drive and then whoever is driving calls when they get home. Last night I was slowly getting ready for bed and didn't answer my phone when Rob called me, figuring I would just call him back when I was all snuggled up. About 10 min. after he called me, I went to call him back.. no answer. Call him again.. no answer. I'm finding this really strange because he was just calling me, so I just figured maybe he couldn't hear his phone or something. 15 calls later I am freaking out. All the rationalities had left my mind and I was now thinking of all the bad things that could've happened in 10 min. I was cursing myself for not answering the phone, and I was starting to plan what I was going to do... I mean really, what do you do? My phone shows how many times you call someone, and once I reached 37 calls I decided it was time to wake my parents. Granted, he left at about 11:30pm. It was now 1pm. I was a crying mess. I wake my parents up telling them what was happening, and my mom starts trying to calm me by saying that something was probably wrong with his phone.. or service.. or who knows what, but you could tell she was mentally trying to figure out what the heck we would do. I called him about 3 more times while in their bedroom and we were about to call his parents when the dork finally called me back. I could've killed him! All worst case scenarios were running through my head, and no one could possibly not answer their phone when its been ringing 40 times in a row. Well, wrong, Rob can do that. His phone was on vibrate and his music was turned up. Perfect. I thought he was dead, but instead he was rocking out to who knows what while I had a heart attack. Thank you Rob. I will love this memory.

1 comments:

shawna henrie said...

your song was amazing. never heard it like that before, and i must say the cello made all the difference. you need to be singin for efy or something, girl!